What you'll need
1 lb salmon (or 1 piece)
- Coat bottom of cast iron with EVOO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat cast iron to a medium high heat
- Oil fish (non skin side) and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Once oil is heated and HOT place face down (skin up) for 5-8 min (our piece was thick so you may need only 5 min).
- Do not move around in pan, let it sit in oil to create nice crisp (you'll see it start to crisp on edges
- Flip over and let sit for 2-3 min
- Place in oven for an addition 5-8 min
- Cut into center to make sure cooked
- Times may vary depending on fish thickness!